Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sports photos too good to print

Usually when photos can't run in the newspaper, it tends to be because the graphic or sensitive nature of the image. On the NBC sports Web site, there is a section of the week's best sports photos. Most of the sports photos wouldn't be able to run in a newspaper because they are snap shot moments that turn into a cool picture, but they don't really tell the story of what happened in the game. 

I highly recommend checking out the Web site because there are pretty cool photos in the weekly slideshow.

I do think, however, that some of the photos could run with a story especially if it's on a color page. Regardless, it is a tough decision for the editor to make because while the picture may look cool, it doesn't do the best job of telling the story.

I'm not able to add any of the photos from the Web site/slideshow, but you should definitely check out the pictures. 




No comments: